What is Amniotic Membrane?
Human amniotic membrane is a unique collagenous tissue derived from the innermost submucosa of the placenta, the area in which the human fetus grows and develops within the mother's uterus. Human amniotic membrane is composed of a single epithelium layer, a thick basement membrane, and an avascular stromal matrix.
The innate properties of amniotic membrane make it ideal for wound healing and, in eye care, the management of corneal and conjunctival disease. Amniotic membrane has been shown to have both anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties while acting as a natural scaffold that expedites reepithelialization.
Features & Specifications
- Disc Sizes: 10mm, 12mm, 15mm
- Sheet Sizes: 1x1cm, 2x2cm, 2x3cm
- Thickness Options: 45 and 200 microns
- Omni-directional placement. Membrane can be placed either-side down
- 5-year shelf life at room temperature (50-86°F/10-30°C)
- Easy to place and manipulate due to increased surface memory
- More comfortable for patients
- Membranes packaged in sterile dual-pouch and may be introduced into the sterile field
Indications for Use
- Recurrent Corneal Erosion
- Corneal Abrasion
- Foreign Body Removal
- Filamentary and Post-infectious Keratitis
- Corneal Ulcers
- Chemical and Thermal Burns
- Superficial Keratectomy
- PRK Haze
- Neurotrophic Corneal Epithelial Defects
- Dry Eye and Exposure Keratopathy
- Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration
- Shield Ulcers
- And More
Processed in accordance with the safety guidelines provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Human Cellular and Tissue-based Products (HCT/P).
Processed in accordance with the standards set forth by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Store tissue at ambient room temperature (50-86°F/10-30°C). Do not freeze.
Place Order / Request Quote
We will email a quote and verify your order by phone before fulfilling any online orders. We will also collect billing info at that time.